Vistas de página en total

miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

TRIBUTO A NOLA...........


I Wonder If She Knew?
Dear Armonía,
The past two days have been the most painful for many of us at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. And as I look across the savanna without her, a part of me is missing and I wonder . . . 
I wonder if she knew how rare she was?  When I brought Nola to the Safari Park in 1989, northern white rhinos were at critically low numbers, but I never thought that she would become one of only four northern white rhinos left on Earth. Rhinos are symbols of strength and power, but these gentle giants have since found themselves in horrific trouble. And now with Nola's passing, only 3 of her kind remain on our planet.
I wonder if she knew how loved she was? Nola was the matriarch of our Safari Park family. Her sweet, loving, and gentle personality was one-in-a-million! She always loved swapping a scratch behind the ears for a slobbery kiss, and a bucket of red apples for an afternoon pedicure. Nola often spent time at her favorite mudhole, basking in the warm California sun, without a care a in the world, alongside her family of keepers and her southern white rhino pal Chuck. It was a true honor to care for Nola, and we will treasure these moments forever.
I wonder if she knew how many people she touched? Nola was an iconnot only at the Safari Park, but around the world! Over the past 26 years, millions of people from around the globe have learned about Nola and the plight of rhinos. Since her passing, we've received an outpouring of sympathy from thousands of friends like you: YouTube videos of children saying their tear-filled good-byes, emails of condolences from fans worldwide, and hundreds of well wishes on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #Nola4Ever. I hope she caught even just a glimpse of the millions she inspired and knows the impact she's had on the world.
I wonder if she knows that she will never be forgotten? I will never forget the first time we met, or the moment I had to say goodbyeit was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Nola has always been, and will always be, a symbol of hope. I have dedicated my life to saving these magnificent animals, and will continue to do so until they're safe. We must protect themthey need us now more than ever. 

Nola
San Diego Zoo Global is dedicated to bringing species back from the brink of extinction. As leaders in rhino conservation, we are building a one-of-a-kind Rhino Rescue Center at the Safari Park dedicated to saving Nola's species from disappearing forever. Our team of conservationists are working with other partners worldwide using our expertise in animal care and cutting-edge technology to develop a surrogacy program to save the northern white rhino.
Many of you have asked how you can help. I promised Nola that I would carry on her legacy, and we must do all we can to save Nola's species. You can become part of her legacy and help us save rhinos worldwide by making a gift to the San Diego Zoo Global Wildlife Conservancy in Nola's honor. Will you join us?
On behalf of all of us at San Diego Zoo Global, thank you for your continued support as we join together to save the world's most critically endangered animal, the northern white rhino.
Yours in conservation,
Randy Rieches
Randy Rieches
Curator of Mammals
San Diego Zoo Safari Park

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario